Sunday 21 July 2013

New Series: "Origins of Early Days" - Part 1 - Drumexperience

This will be the first post on a series on my early work.

Back in the last century, when I got my first PC it came with big bundle of some cool additional software. One of those applications was called Magix Music Maker. It was the first time when I got in touch with a software with which I could make music. With Music Maker it was possible to arrange pre-recorded samples and make your own songs out of it. It was version 2 I worked on and it was limited to just 16 tracks.

So here you can enjoy my first steps in compositions in Electronic Music (Winter 1997-1998):

I came up with "Drumexperience" when I scrabbled through the sample library which came with the application and played around with the drum-machines that where there. At that time I was a huge fan of a music series called "X-Mix", which was released from 1993 - 2001 by record label STUD!O K7 in Berlin. These mixes included songs from the best electronic DJ´s at time. These 10 compilations highly inspired me to create "Drumexpierience" and do my own electronic music.

It's amazing after all that years, the cool sound of the early ´90s techno :D

No comments:

Post a Comment